On Thursday, May 20, 2021, the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence Against People of African Descent in the United States launched its call for international solidarity and support for people of African descent killed by U.S. police. The Commission of Inquiry’s final report details weeks of live hearings and months spent investigating documentary evidence. The report makes important findings and addresses recommendations to the African Union, among others.
* Willy Mutunga, former Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court of Kenya
* Philonise Floyd, brother of George Floyd, murdered by US Police
* Hina Jilani, member of The Elders, lawyer and human rights defender
* Judge Peter Herbert O.B.E. (retired), leading human rights barrister and Chair of the Society of Black Lawyers.
* Lennox S. Hinds, Professor Emeritus, Rutgers University School of Law, New Jersey
* Moderator: Kerry McLean Esq, international human rights lawyer.