On Wednesday, May 26, 2021, the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence Against People of African Descent in the United States launched its call for international solidarity and support for people of African descent killed by U.S. police. The Commission of Inquiry’s final report details weeks of live hearings and months spent investigating documentary evidence. The report makes important findings and addresses recommendations to the African Union, among others.
- Willy Mutunga, former Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court of Kenya
- Angelique Negroni-Kearse, widow of Andrew Kearse, killed by police in the U.S.
- Nana Gyamfi, President of the National Conference of Black Lawyers
- Bert Samuels, Jamaican attorney, Commissioner of the International Commission of Inquiry
- Hannibal Uwaifo, President of the African Bar Association, Commissioner of the International Commission of Inquiry
- Kerry McLean, international human rights attorney