On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence Against People of African Descent in the United States launched its call for international solidarity and support for people of African descent killed by U.S. police. The Commission of Inquiry’s final report details weeks of live hearings and months spent investigating documentary evidence. The report makes important findings and addresses recommendations to the African Union, among others.
* Zak Yacoob, former Justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa
* Willy Mutunga, former Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court of Kenya
* Philonise Floyd, brother of George Floyd, murdered by US Police
* Rashida Manjoo, Professor Emeritus, University of Cape Town and former UN Rapporteur on Violence Against Women
* Max Boqwana, President of Southern African Development Community Lawyers
* Lennox S. Hinds, Professor Emeritus, Rutgers University School of Law, New Jersey
* Moderator: Kerry McLean Esq, international human rights lawyer.